OneDrive and on premises Sharepoint

Diskutiere OneDrive and on premises Sharepoint im One Drive Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community Fragen; Hello there, we've got a Sharepoint Server 2013 and Office 2013 running. Most systems are still ruinning Windows7 so of course we use OneDrive for...

MSCom

Neuer Benutzer
Threadstarter
Hello there,
we've got a Sharepoint Server 2013 and Office 2013 running. Most systems are still ruinning Windows7 so of course we use OneDrive for Business (Groove.exe) for Sharepoint files. Now with Windows10 there is the new OneDrive Client pre-installed (OneDrive.exe) which is meant to take over for the old Client mentioned before (Groove.exe). But sadly it can't sync from a on premises SharePoint Server as described in this article...

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...64f-b0a8-c20de34da6fa?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

...and here comes the big but(t) lurking around the corner:

It is stated in this article:

The following library types are not yet supported by the OneDrive sync client, and will not transition from the old client:

• On-premises instances of OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Server (when your organization doesn't subscribe to an Office 365 business plan).

So the question is what happens when you do subscribe to an Office 365 business plan? Will then yet another OneDrive Client be provided that actually manages to sync on premises Sharepoint Server Libraries?

Thanks in advance for your constructive feedback.
Sincerely yours
Robert

Thema:

OneDrive and on premises Sharepoint

OneDrive and on premises Sharepoint - Ähnliche Themen

Windows update on October 20, 2020: Yesterday evening was an update on Windows. When I logged on today I had no more access to my NAS server. I spent the day trying to find out what...
How to read Group Mails (Office365) in Outlook (iPad App): Our organisation uses both personal and group accounts. Whenever a person logs in to office.com and uses the outlook app of office365 from...
Sharepoint Issues with VBA: Hi Guys, We moved our old Harddrive Datas on an mircrosoft cloud, where datas can be retrieved via sharepoint drive Since we moved all our...
Update Surface Dock 1 with Surface_Dock_FwUpdate_*.MSI: Hi all! I want to update my surface dock 1 to use it with surface pro 7, but the update folder (Download Surface Tools for IT from Official...
Strange behavior when using Sharepoint WebDAV: Hello, we are using Explorer View to access files on a SharePoint Online site. More specific a Teams SharePoint site. We are accessing the site...
Oben