Links do not appear in start menu search

Diskutiere Links do not appear in start menu search im Windows 10 Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community Fragen; I used to type the start menu entries as shortcut to open them. Windows just opened the search and offered me the right item. This does not work...

MSCom

Neuer Benutzer
Threadstarter
I used to type the start menu entries as shortcut to open them. Windows just opened the search and offered me the right item.
This does not work anymore (as it used to)
The problem seems to be only with start menu entries (who are .lnk files), though it does offer me entries from a different user (I checked by opening containing folder)

What I already tried
- rebuild index
- reset search indexer (by setting Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Search\ SetupCompletedSuccessfully to 0 and reboot)
- run the troubleshooter (claims insufficient permissions but I manually enforced r/w permissions for that folder so that does not seem to be the real problem)
- I deleted the folder containing the index manually
- I controlled that I have read permissions for the start menu entries that do not show up

Does anybody hava an idea what I could try next?

Thema:

Links do not appear in start menu search

Links do not appear in start menu search - Ähnliche Themen

iPhone to PC photo transfer via USB stops after seconds: Hi there, I have a brand new, clean install Windows 10 64bit PC and an iPhone. When I connect the phone to the PC, after some seconds I see the...
Why doesn't rightclicking a start menu app and clicking on "open file location" open the actual file location but a weird shortcut location instead on: On Windows 10 rightclicking a start menu app and clicking on "open file location" doesn't open the files' "actual location" but just a folder in...
G920 not correctly installing under Windows 10 Version 1909: During the last hours I tried to get my G920 running again. Unfortunately without any success... The problem is, as far as I could find out...
Searching in the Windows Menu: My problem is that the searching function is completely disabled. So I also already started this problem finding program, it said "Searching is...
Bluetooth audio device not working anymore: What I tried so far: - Restarting audio device - Enabling / Disabling bluetooth - Removing / adding Bluetooth device - Reinstalling bluetooth...
Oben