Language in MS WORD 2016 keeps resetting to English (US) mid-writing

Diskutiere Language in MS WORD 2016 keeps resetting to English (US) mid-writing im Office Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community Fragen; Okay, this is so easy, I honestly hope I'm just too blind to see: I have a notebook with german keyboard layout. Respectively I have the...
M

MSCom

Neuer Benutzer
Threadstarter
Okay, this is so easy, I honestly hope I'm just too blind to see:

I have a notebook with german keyboard layout.
Respectively I have the language in windows set to German, so the labels on the keyboard match the OS's key mapping.
In WORD 2016 I want to set the language for the spell/grammar check to English (Ireland) since I'm writing english and want to have my spelling checked without 'optimising' beeing marked as wrong or autocorrected to 'optimizing'.
I set the default language in WORD to English (Ireland), I write a few words and it's back to English (US).
I deleted the English (US) keyboard from my windows, as well as in WORD.
No matter, it keeps going back to English (US).

So - how do I force WORD to use the language I told it to while having the right key mapping for my keyboard?

I did look for answers, but the only thing I found was the 'here is an unconvenient solution, change your OS keyboard layout' road.

This is a 'make a checkbox "disable automatic language detection"' kind of issue that is annoying, super easy to fix and shouldn't occur in a software like this developed for decades.

And if there is such an option - make it easier to find. I spent too much time on this, when I actually wanted to write down something important.

Best Regards,
Hendrik

Office 365 WORD 2016
Windows 7 Professional x64

Thema:

Language in MS WORD 2016 keeps resetting to English (US) mid-writing

Language in MS WORD 2016 keeps resetting to English (US) mid-writing - Ähnliche Themen

Change my ONLINE word language from german: My online office is in german, it asks if I want to change to swedish, I press yes but nothing changes. My account is set to sweden so how can I...
MS Word macro: Hi there, I would like to write a WORD macro that sends words to an API parallel to typing. Is that possible? A similar mechanism could possibly...
Same self-signed code signing certificate for all users on same computer ?: On my own local PC with Office 2019, I would like all accounts to use the same certificate for Office macros (Word, Excel, Access). Otherwise...
How to condition formula on other cell content: Hi, I am not sure how else to phrase my request and hope someone can help me. I created an expense list for my project and am constantly...
Microsoft Word 2016 crash when using different languages: When using Word 2016, after switching from German keyboard to Traditional Chinese and typing a word to translate to chinese characters, often the...
Oben