Help! Many Blue Screens of Deaths!

Diskutiere Help! Many Blue Screens of Deaths! im Windows 10 Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community Fragen; Hello! I am at my wits' end. In the recent months/years, I have experienced frequent Blue Screens of Death. I could live with them. But with the...
  • Help! Many Blue Screens of Deaths! Beitrag #1
M

MSCom

Neuer Benutzer
Threadstarter
Hello!

I am at my wits' end. In the recent months/years, I have experienced frequent Blue Screens of Death. I could live with them. But with the latest NVidia graphics driver update, I was having way too many BSoD per day. Today, I just had 7 of them. I think I fixed it by having a clean uninstallation and installation of the graphics driver. Since then, I've "only" experienced 1 BSoD. Yet, I don't want this to happen again. Here are details to my problem:

Specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z87-D3HP
BIOS: F2
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8082MB RAM
Page File: 3520MB used, 9937MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 760

Blue Screen error codes which seem to be unrelated to the graphics driver issue (1 or 2 times per month for the last couple months/years):

Memory Management
Unexpected Store Exception

Blue Screen error codes after I've installed the new NVidia driver (within the last 2 days):

KMode Exception Not Handled
Registry Error
System Service Exception
System Thread Exception Not Handled
IRQL Not Less or Equal
Kernel Security Check Error
Bad Pool Header (First and only BSoD since clean installation of the NVidia graphics driver)

Solutions I've tried:

- Uninstalled the NVidia graphics driver for my GTX 760 through System Control; Used the "Display Driver Uninstaller" program in addition to uninstall the graphics driver
- Clean install of the latest NVidia graphics driver for my GTX 760: "GeForce Game Ready Driver, Version 391.24"
- Checked under the Device Manager that every device had its latest driver installed

--> As said, clean installation of the latest NVidia graphics driver helped me alot. Less frequent BSoDs. "Just" 1 BSoD to this point.

Symptoms before the BSoD comes up and which occured before the clean installation of the NVidia graphic driver:

- Before the clean install of my NVidia graphics driver, my computer was acting really weird:
> Games crashed while playing; I was not able to restart them. Some of them even had to be repaired: Their files had to be checked and redownloaded.
> The Windows Eventviewer won't show me logs and crashed
> Programs like Discord wouldn't start
> One time, I couldn't open the Windows Start Menu to restart my computer. I had to use cmd to force shutdown my computer.
> Windows Defender wouldn't allow me to execute the NVidia graphhics driver .exe file. After the restart through cmd, I could execute it normally.
> Chrome wouldn't load any site correctly. I could not use the browser because of it.

Symptoms before the BSoD comes up. These symptoms occured for the last couple of months/years and also occured in the last 2 days together with the other symptoms related to the graphics driver issue:

- Sometimes, BSoD happen out of nowhere; sometimes happen, when I'm starting up games or am playing them
- Computer makes "stutter sounds" beforehand

I was having the BSoDs quite frequent for the last years, but they seem to get more frequent with time. With the latest NVidia graphics driver update, I was getting them freaking often. This is not the first time this happened to my computer. Certain NVidia graphics driver updates caused my computer to get many of these errors. I don't know how a clean installations always seemed to fix those BSoD streaks, but they did. However, I don't want this to happen again. So I am asking you: Why do these streaks happen to my computer whenever I install a new update for my graphics driver? What causes the other BSoDs which aren't related to the graphics drivers?

This really sucks because I am guessing that a hardware component causes these BSoDs. I suspected the RAM to be the cause of them. But after having googled some of the other BSoD error codes, it could be everything: From my GPU to even my motherboard. I really have no clue.

Please help!

Thema:

Help! Many Blue Screens of Deaths!

Help! Many Blue Screens of Deaths! - Ähnliche Themen

Windows Bluescreens on me as of late: hello i'm norjia. i was playing destiny 2 lately and the game started chrashing all of a sudden. i havent had that happen before and after the 4th...
Blue screen: Hello. I have a big problem with my computer, I have it for 3-4 months and everything was ok until yesterday. suddenly a blue screen with various...
Driver update loop.: Hi, Today I was trying to update the drivers I had 2 GPU´s AMD Radeon Vega graphics and AMD Radeon RX 560X I downloaded the latest drivers for rx...
Missing Visual C++ package prohibits installation of Geforce Experience: Hi Unfortunately, whenever I try to install the GeForce Experience (be it the standalone installer or together with a new graphics driver...
iPhone to PC photo transfer via USB stops after seconds: Hi there, I have a brand new, clean install Windows 10 64bit PC and an iPhone. When I connect the phone to the PC, after some seconds I see the...
Oben