Fields in MS Word: Create a partial TOC from another document using bookmarks and the RD field

Diskutiere Fields in MS Word: Create a partial TOC from another document using bookmarks and the RD field im Office Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community Fragen; Hi everybody, Image two cases: (1) If I would want to compile a partial TOC just for a section, I would create a bookmark for this entire...
M

MSCom

Neuer Benutzer
Threadstarter
Hi everybody,

Image two cases:

(1) If I would want to compile a partial TOC just for a section, I would create a bookmark for this entire section and then use a \b switch after the TOC field, adding the name of this bookmark.

(2) If I would want to compile a TOC derived from the content of document A in document B, I would add a TOC field in document B, and directly afterwards add an RD field with the filename of document A.

Both solutions work perfectly.

(3) Now I want to have a partial TOC of a section of document A in document B. I add a bookmark for the respective section in document A. Then I add a TOC field in document B using a \b switch with the name of the bookmark in document A. And then finally I add an RD field right under the TOC field in document B.

{ TOC \b Chapter1 }
{ RD "writing-template.docx" \f }

However, in this case, it tells my that the bookmark has not been defined. It looks like, Word is somehow not capable of passing on bookmarks using the RD command? Is that correct?

Any idea on how to fix this? Any workaround to create partial TOCs across documents?

Thema:

Fields in MS Word: Create a partial TOC from another document using bookmarks and the RD field

Fields in MS Word: Create a partial TOC from another document using bookmarks and the RD field - Ähnliche Themen

• WORD MACRO: Search for date fields and replace result

WORD MACRO: Search for date fields and replace result: Hi I'm working on a solution to search date fields in Word and replace the result. Replacing the result should be easy but how can I search for...
  • WORD VBA: SHOW FIELD CODE OF ONLY ONE FIELD

WORD VBA: SHOW FIELD CODE OF ONLY ONE FIELD: Hello How can I show the field codes for only one or selected fields in Word with VBA? Thanks for your help!
  • equation-editor fields in word-document: not readable (Mac-user)

equation-editor fields in word-document: not readable (Mac-user): Dear Community, I have the following problem in word for mac. If I open a word-file which includes a lot of equation-editor-fields the...
  • WORD 2016: since last update in Oct 2017, form fields referring to page numbers yield wrong results

WORD 2016: since last update in Oct 2017, form fields referring to page numbers yield wrong results: Since the last update in Oct 2017, form fields containing cross-references to page numbers are no longer correctly resolved in header and footer...