Counting Records in Recordset with Condition

Diskutiere Counting Records in Recordset with Condition im Office Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community Fragen; I have a large table of dates and I am using an audit table to track the changes. Conditional formatting lets me highlight fields in my forms that...
M

MSCom

Neuer Benutzer
Threadstarter
I have a large table of dates and I am using an audit table to track the changes. Conditional formatting lets me highlight fields in my forms that have recently been changed using a function.
In the past I've been using DCount with a condition on the timestamp to determine whether there have been any recent changes. However, this causes performance problems as anytime a user scrolls through the lists, the cells are painted with conditional formatting and I get a lot of traffic from hundreds of DCount requests to my backend.

Now I've come up with a workaround: When a user opens the form that displays the dates, I pull the recordset of changes from the backend once and use this snapshot recordset to check for changes.
However, I cannot use DCount on a recordset. Do I have to write my own "DCount" or is there a more elegant solution? As mentioned, this is crucial to the performance of my application, so I appreciate every tip on how to do this as efficiently as possible.

Thank you
Raphael

Thema:

Counting Records in Recordset with Condition

Counting Records in Recordset with Condition - Ähnliche Themen

• Counting persons in one cell

Counting persons in one cell: Good Evening, I would like to know how to count persons in excels. The persons are written in one cell and seperated by ";" I need urgent help...
  • Word 365 IEEE bibliography wrong counting

Word 365 IEEE bibliography wrong counting: Hey, i have 35 sources in my document but my bibliography is counting: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,3,3,3,3...
  • OneNote record video

OneNote record video: Hello, why is it not possible to record video directly from the OnNote app (iPad) and add it to the note? That would be a great addition!
  • N°23 Recorder

N°23 Recorder: Hatte bei Windows 7 keine Probleme mit dem aufnehmen mit dem N°23 Recorder.Nun habe ich ihn instaliert und bekomme die Meldung das die Soundkarte...