Counting Records in Recordset with Condition

Diskutiere Counting Records in Recordset with Condition im Office Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community Fragen; I have a large table of dates and I am using an audit table to track the changes. Conditional formatting lets me highlight fields in my forms that...

MSCom

Neuer Benutzer
Threadstarter
I have a large table of dates and I am using an audit table to track the changes. Conditional formatting lets me highlight fields in my forms that have recently been changed using a function.
In the past I've been using DCount with a condition on the timestamp to determine whether there have been any recent changes. However, this causes performance problems as anytime a user scrolls through the lists, the cells are painted with conditional formatting and I get a lot of traffic from hundreds of DCount requests to my backend.

Now I've come up with a workaround: When a user opens the form that displays the dates, I pull the recordset of changes from the backend once and use this snapshot recordset to check for changes.
However, I cannot use DCount on a recordset. Do I have to write my own "DCount" or is there a more elegant solution? As mentioned, this is crucial to the performance of my application, so I appreciate every tip on how to do this as efficiently as possible.

Thank you
Raphael

Thema:

Counting Records in Recordset with Condition

Counting Records in Recordset with Condition - Ähnliche Themen

Using Teans with Office Professional Plus: Hello, we currently are using Office Professional Plus 2016 but would like to start using Teams as well. Is there a way to have both products...
Same self-signed code signing certificate for all users on same computer ?: On my own local PC with Office 2019, I would like all accounts to use the same certificate for Office macros (Word, Excel, Access). Otherwise...
Change my ONLINE word language from german: My online office is in german, it asks if I want to change to swedish, I press yes but nothing changes. My account is set to sweden so how can I...
Using Vlookup on other Workbook whichs path is stored in a Cell: Good Day Im Trying to do Vlookup on a closed Workbook whichs path is stored in a Cell. For that im writing a Function which opens the Workbook...
Word independently opened a tab in Chrom: I've been working a document while simultaneously having some tabs open on Chrome. None of the tabs on chrome had anything to do with the...
Oben