computer boots by itself

Diskutiere computer boots by itself im Windows 10 Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community Fragen; My computer boots all by itself from hibernation, at unpredictable times. Very annoying. I've had it in the past, took some countermeasures from...
M

MSCom

Neuer Benutzer
Threadstarter
My computer boots all by itself from hibernation, at unpredictable times. Very annoying. I've had it in the past, took some countermeasures from the internet, which helped. But now it's back.

Things I've done so far: Disallow devices (network adapter, mouse, etc) to activate PC in device manager. Uncheck "energy options\...\allow wake timers". Set work hours to nighttime to prevent booting at night.
All or some of these actions helped, bc the problem was almost completely gone for about a year. But, as I said, now it's back.

The cause for the recent boots seems to be Win10 trying to search for an update. It happened today and 2 days ago at about 10:00am, and each time Windows had searched for an update immediately afterwards. Anyone else having that problem recently?

I know that deactivating hibernation might end the problem, and most ppl who have the problem seem to evade it by doing that. But I can't quite accept that, bc regular boots on Win10 are unbearably slow. So how about Micosoft actually FIXING this new and completely unneccesary bug?

Windows 10 has caused me so much trouble in so many ways. I've thought about moving to Linux many times. If it was a little bit more user friendly, and I were a litte more experienced, I would defintely move.

Thema:

computer boots by itself

computer boots by itself - Ähnliche Themen

Windows Bluescreens on me as of late: hello i'm norjia. i was playing destiny 2 lately and the game started chrashing all of a sudden. i havent had that happen before and after the 4th...
Why does the folder layout in Windows Explorer look different depending on which way a folder was opened?: Hello, sometimes I notice that the folder layout in Windows Explorer doesn't look the way I set it up. For example, these are screenshots of...
Reset Windows 10: Hello guys , someone helped me yesterday and i made my reset which was stuck at 30% go to 100%.I thought after the reset everything will be...
Can't uninstall or update Realtek Audio Driver: Whenever I try to update my Realtek Audio Driver the installation gets stuck at uninstalling the current driver. I tried uninstalling the drivers...
Why doesn't rightclicking a start menu app and clicking on "open file location" open the actual file location but a weird shortcut location instead on: On Windows 10 rightclicking a start menu app and clicking on "open file location" doesn't open the files' "actual location" but just a folder in...
Oben