Check if my Windows 10 license is valid

Diskutiere Check if my Windows 10 license is valid im Windows 10 Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community Fragen; First and foremost, I bought my license with the PC which I got directly from Lenovo. No shady third parties involved, not a refurbished version...
M

MSCom

Neuer Benutzer
Threadstarter
First and foremost, I bought my license with the PC which I got directly from Lenovo. No shady third parties involved, not a refurbished version of any kind.

Because the performance of my PC has become very bad over the last year, I wanted to reset my PC & install both Linux and Windows. I was downloading the Windows ISO, when I noticed, that my product key (listed under Control Panel > System and Security > System) consists mainly of zeros, which was kind of suspicious to me.

I was searching over the internet and found some articles on the Microsoft Forums ("genuine", etc.) but they were deleted. "Digital licenses" was also something I read about, and I was wondering if that's a possibility (I don't remember entering a product key when I had to reset my PC the last time because of a BSOD). My plan was to avoid the Reset Option in the Windows Settings, because I wanted to set up some kind of Dual Boot with both Linux and Windows, and - as far as I know - that is not possible with this way.

So, my question is, is there any way, to check, whether my product key is valid? Or is it possible, that I don't have to enter a product key, because it is digitally linked to my PC??

And last but not least, can I use this license key also with the English version of Windows 10, because I've ever had my PC run the German version?

Thank you for your help.

#
Schau dir mal diesen Ratgeber an. Dort wird jeder fündig!
Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
Thema:

Check if my Windows 10 license is valid

Check if my Windows 10 license is valid - Ähnliche Themen

• Windows Mixed Reality PC Check neu im Windows Store - mit aktuell stark eingeschränkter Funktionsfähigkeit

Windows Mixed Reality PC Check neu im Windows Store - mit aktuell stark eingeschränkter Funktionsfähigkeit: Mit dem kommenden Fall Creators Update geht Microsoft unter anderem auch den Weg in Richtung Mixed Reality, für welchen die Hersteller Acer, ASUS...
  • Windows 10 1703 - Installation = Machine Check Error

Windows 10 1703 - Installation = Machine Check Error: Hallo! Seit gestern habe ich einen kleinen, "neuen" PC (Celeron G1830, Asrock H81TM ITX). Seit gestern versuche Win10 zu installieren, mit großen...
  • Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error / Check Failure #2 - Windows 10

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error / Check Failure #2 - Windows 10: Hallo, ich benutze den Flugsimulator X-Plane 11 und nach Installation einer Erweiterung kam die Meldung, ich müsse Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 x64...
  • Bluescreen auf windows 10 , Bug Check Code 0x00000113

Bluescreen auf windows 10 , Bug Check Code 0x00000113: Hallo alle zusammen. Habe folgendes problem habe heute unerwartet einen Bluescreen bekommen Kernel-data-error stand drauf anschließend habe...
  • Kernel Security Check Failure, Windows 10 Installation

Kernel Security Check Failure, Windows 10 Installation: Hallo zusammen, bei der Installation von Windows 10 (auf ein lauffähiges Windows 7, 64 Bit, Sony Vaio Notebook) tritt nach 75% der Installation...