Can't add/remove mail account in mail app and settings (Insider Preview Build)

Diskutiere Can't add/remove mail account in mail app and settings (Insider Preview Build) im Windows 10 Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community Fragen; Hey all, unfortunately, my mail app (the default mail and calendar) has stopped syncing my mail accounts (an outlook.de and a...
M

MSCom

Neuer Benutzer
Threadstarter
Hey all,

unfortunately, my mail app (the default mail and calendar) has stopped syncing my mail accounts (an outlook.de and a gmail.com-account). They used to work, but now I can't sync them anymore (without getting any errors).
So I decided to delete both of them: clicking on the gear symbol in the left corner of the mailbox, I wanted to go to the "manage account" tab. However, nothing shows up if I click on it. Well, then you need to do it via the Windows settings app: accounts>e-mail-accounts.
And here things start to get strange: there was no gmail.com - account, but the outlook.de and a holiday calendar account.
Due to that reason, I clicked on "Add new account", but - as in the mail app - nothing happened.

Following steps: ran cmd in admin mode and did the dism.exe restore health command (DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth) and after that checked system integrity with sfc/scannow. No problems showed up, but app still doesn't work.
Last, but not least, I decided to restore the app to default (via the apps>deinstall tab). Unfotunately it is a Windows app, so you can't delete it completely.

Information about my builds:
I'm a Windows slow-ring insider and currently (that's a bit odd too, no information about my preview build on the desktop) on Version 1709 Build No 16299.15

Now, I've got no access to my mail (worked for over a year...) accounts directly through windows.

Kind regards from Germany
Yannik

#
Schau dir mal diesen Ratgeber an. Dort wird jeder fündig!
Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren
Thema:

Can't add/remove mail account in mail app and settings (Insider Preview Build)

Can't add/remove mail account in mail app and settings (Insider Preview Build) - Ähnliche Themen

• Can't change the language of automated emails from Microsoft

Can't change the language of automated emails from Microsoft: Hello Microsoft community! I have a strange problem with my MS account / profile. Since quite some time I get all automated emails from MS (for...
  • My windows 10 is not activated anymore and can't be re-activated

My windows 10 is not activated anymore and can't be re-activated: Hey, I have a strange problem. My updating is acting up and my windows 10 pro is not activated anymore. I've tried a lot so far, which I will...
  • Can't get rid of expired 365 ProPlus license

Can't get rid of expired 365 ProPlus license: Hi everybody, Up until recently I was using MS Office 365 ProPlus, which was provided by my University. However, after finishing my studies I...
  • Can't log into Xbox Profile - should I delete Microsoft account?

Can't log into Xbox Profile - should I delete Microsoft account?: Hi there, I have a problem with my Xbox profile. I have a Microsoft account and changed my email address. Since then I can't get into any of my...
  • Windows10 - Can't connect to ad-hoc network

Windows10 - Can't connect to ad-hoc network: Hi, I created a network using an ad-hoc communication on a computer with Windows 7 in order to do some wireless printing (the buildings...