Automatic compression of newly downloaded files

Diskutiere Automatic compression of newly downloaded files im Windows 10 Forum im Bereich Microsoft Community Fragen; As of recently I've had an issue driving me insane. One day all my files on my SSD were compressed! I manually undid it by unticking the checkbox...

MSCom

Neuer Benutzer
Threadstarter
As of recently I've had an issue driving me insane.
One day all my files on my SSD were compressed! I manually undid it by unticking the checkbox in properties on my SSD then did the popular line in cmd as admin "fsutil behavior set disablecompression 1", rebooted and after that checked if my system was compressed with "compact/compactos:query" and it indeed was. So i undid this with "compact /compactos:never". Might also want to note that my CPU does absolutely not benefit from compressed files since it's very old and slow, i also never saved more on my SSD than i should, the indicator never entered the red zone.
Currently all the files i have are not compressed and i have 30GB free space on my 120GB SSD and 900GB free space on my 1TB HDD. Despite this ever since that first compression wave now all newly downloaded files get automatically compressed. I do not want that but cannot seem to find a way to fix it. My current Windows Version is 1809 April version, this issue occured around a week ago before i updated it to that. Any ideas on how i can remove the annoying compression?

Thema:

Automatic compression of newly downloaded files

Automatic compression of newly downloaded files - Ähnliche Themen

Windows update on October 20, 2020: Yesterday evening was an update on Windows. When I logged on today I had no more access to my NAS server. I spent the day trying to find out what...
iPhone to PC photo transfer via USB stops after seconds: Hi there, I have a brand new, clean install Windows 10 64bit PC and an iPhone. When I connect the phone to the PC, after some seconds I see the...
Windows Store gone, can´t reinstall?? / Windows Store verschwunden, kann nicht neu installieren??: For some reason my Microsoft Store has disapeared and I can´t even find the parts of it, that are supposed to be reset/whatever on my System...
Android Emulator Causes Windows 10 Crash and goes to BSOD: Hi, I have a problem with running Android Emulator in my Visual Studio. I am using Visual Studio 2019 and I have created just a blank simple...
Cant open some apps being on a standard not local account (no admin rights): I recenltly watched a tutorial on youtube to have a more secure Computer. Before that I only have one account (not local), which had admin...
Oben